Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dream

Every once in a while, I have a really vivid dream - so vivid that I could draw every scene with precision. I started to write these down the second I wake up, so that the memory doesn't fade. This is last night's dream.


I’m in a house (looks like my old Dothan house) and with three unknown women, my mother, my brother and his wife. I get up and play some acoustic guitar for a bit. One of the girls gets up, claiming I was showing off and says that its her turn to show off. She wants to prove she’s better. We go to the other room – she’s carrying a guitar amplifier with her. She sets it down and hooks it up to an electric guitar on the ground. It looks like just the top half - no body of the guitar. She puts her foot on it and starts playing with her feet. She seems to be playing along to the tv, making up a soundtrack as the tv program plays. I start watching TV in the other room with my brother, his wife, and my mom. The Simpsons are playing. It’s a Halloween episode with the aliens and a big weather balloon, and they’re going through the forest. Kathy says she’s hungry but everyone else has eaten except for her. She tries to drag Michael along with her to go eat, but he doesn’t want to go. He claims that he hasn’t seen this episode of Simpsons, but I’m pretty sure that he has – he just really likes it. I almost forget about the girl in the other room, so I go back to listen to her playing guitar with her foot. I turn on the TV in this room to get a feel of how the music blends with the tv. This time I’m watching some show where Muhammad Ali is at a police station and he’s been caught for some petty crime. The sheriff chides Ali about how he couldn't just be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment