Sunday, September 5, 2010

I got pampered!

Today was a good, relaxing day!

Started off with steak and potatoes for lunch at Road Trip. Afterward, Felix (Chinese trainer from Calgary), Weiwei (Chinese TWUer from Melbourne), and I went to a salon to get haircuts.

That haircut had to be the best haircut I've ever gotten. Growing up in white suburbs, very few know how to cut an Asian person's hair. In Evanston, there was only one person that knew how, and every Asian had her number and work hours. Luckily, I'm in Asia, and they've all specialized by now.

After the haircut, Felix and I decided to stay after for some relaxing back massages. It was my first time getting a massage anywhere, and it was a new, slightly invasive, but good experience. Sadly, I'm ticklish. It probably would have been a much more relaxing experience if I didn't flinch every time my armpits, sides, or neck was touched. After the massage, we winded down in the steam room and just sweated.

The shower afterward was also the best shower I've had since I got to India. The water was nice and hot, and the water pressure was perfect. Once we got dressed, they even brought out tea and water for us. Wonderfully relaxing stuff. I definitely plan on going back before I leave India.

No comments:

Post a Comment