Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weekend in Mascal - Into the night

Since spending the night was not mandatory, a lot of people headed back to Bangalore after dinner. Although sleeping was rough, the night was great. After most people had gone back to their tents to sleep, I stayed up by the campfire with a fellow TWer Aarti, and two of the Outback India guides, Karan (male) and Sam (female).

We stayed up playing games like twenty questions and just talking about all kinds of stuff. Before I got to the know Karan and Sam, I had assumed they were from around the area - like the villages that we had to drive through to get the campsite. After asking them if they were from Bangalore, Karan responded, "Yeah, why? Did you think we were from around here?" Wooo, I felt ignorant.

They were probably the most American-like people I have met since I got to India. We spent part of the night just listening to music on Karan's phone. I didn't think I'd be in the middle of nowhere of India, listening to Fireflies with a group of Indian people. It was nice going through his phone and recognizing band names that weren't all from the 80s.

At one point Sam took out her camera, and we played around with some light exposure pictures. I told her to send me the picture, which I don't think will ever really happen, but I made an awesome smiley face.

We played a bunch of twenty questions for a while - most of the answers had to do with Indian history, so I was pretty useless after the first 3 questions. Eventually it started getting cold and windy, and the fire was dying down, so we all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment