Thursday, September 2, 2010

Weekend in Mascal - Sleep and Morning

The night accommodations were rough due to poor expectation setting. We were told that we would be getting huge tents with comfortable bedding, sheets, and everything else we would possibly need. With this in mind, I only brought some extra clothing with me on the trip. Unfortunately, when night came, we were presented with our 2-person tents (which they claimed fit 5 people), and blue foam pads to use as beds.
Of course, I only buy multi-purpose clothing, so I quickly transformed my T-shirts into pillows, and my shorts into blankets.

Homeless man
Expert camper.


The night was pretty cold and the wind was picking up in the middle of the night. Also, one thing that never fails to keep me awake was within reach - a snorer. It wasn't even my tent-mate though. The tents were so close together that I could hear a neighboring camper snoring. Given a snoring situation, I "accidentally" kick the person to get it to stop, but this one was safely out of my reaches.

I Love... Zzzzzzz
You win this time.


I got up at 5am in hopes of seeing the sunrise. Sadly, the clouds put a damper on the morning and the sun wasn't spotted until 9. Anyway, we spent most of the morning lounging around. Half of us went out on inner tubes, while four people went out on the kayaks. It was a great, relaxing experience. Being out there wasn't like being in India or any one place - it was just being outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment