Thursday, August 26, 2010

Food!

What kind of food do you think of when someone mentions "Indian food?" Well, yesterday I ate the opposite - steak. I asked for medium well but apparently, it sounded more like "I love raw meat." Probably not the most health-conscious move, but I gladly gulped it down. A great steak with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed veggies came out to roughly 300 rupees ~ $7 U.S. dollars.

I'm pretty surprised with my diet here so far. I came here expecting to eat Indian food 24/7, but it hasn't been the case. My mornings and lunches are usually provided, so they end up being Indian food. But, the nights are usually on our own, and a lot of times, it's pizza. And frankly, pizza is actually pretty expensive here. For a large pizza - which is more like a U.S. medium - it can cost 300-500 rupees. That's ~$6-11 U.S. Compared to most U.S. meals, that's not a lot, but considering the Dominoes 5-5-5 deal (3 medium pizzas for $5 each), it's a big hike in price.

1 comment: