Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend in Mascal - Arrival

This past weekend, we all went out on a one-night camping trip in a place that you can't even google - Mascal, India. The trip and events were planned out by an outside agency called Outback India.

In the beginning, I admit I was skeptical of the trip. I like camping outdoors and being able to relax in the wild, but my most recent experiences have entailed a lot of walking/hiking followed by exhaustion. My other concern was what kind of accommodations we would receive. When the bus finally stopped, we were in the middle of a tiny farming village, surrounded by livestock and farmland. I was afraid this supposed outdoorsy camping experience would transform into "Live Like a Farmer Day."
DSCF1564


Fortunately, the trip exceeded all expectations. After marching on makeshift paths through farmland and admiring the scenery, we reached our destination. Our campground laid right next to a man-made reservoir and included a volleyball net.

DSCF1566

DSCF1605


The campsite even came with an homage to stone henge.
DSCF1581



There was also street dog that came down to hang out with us for the day.
DSCF1579
Puppy!

1 comment:

  1. Did you keep the stray dog?

    My friend and I were walking to my other friend's house for a BBQ, and this really cute cat came running out of a neighbor's yard and kept following us. So we took it for ourselves. It bit me in the face though, so I'm not a big fan of his anymore.

    ReplyDelete